Thursday, February 20, 2014

Put It In Writing

After Joshua's victory over the Amalekites, the LORD told Moses "Write this on a scroll as something to be remembered and make sure Joshua hears it..." (Exodus 17:14).

Writing things down helps us remember. Because I'm forgetful, I'm a list maker. I have grocery lists, "things to do" lists, and prayer lists.

I keep prayer journals for my grandchildren. This will provided each of them a handwritten keepsake of prayers I prayed and God's answers. Rereading the journals reminds me of these prayers. After attending church with us, I wrote in Joy's journal: "Thank you Lord, for giving her a desire to learn about you. Thank you for giving her a love for reading. During the sermon, she read the Bible. May the daily reading of Your Word become her holy habit." I had forgotten her attentiveness to Scripture that morning. The memory would be lost had I not written the prayer.

Do you remember what you pray? Record Scripture verses, your prayers and God's answers in a journal. Thank Him for his goodness and faithfulness.


Do you journal your prayers? How has it benefitted you?




No comments:

Post a Comment