Here's a short list of activities that promote spiritual growth in which your child can participate:
1. Serve others. Organize a food drive, and give donations to a church pantry or food bank.
2. Read a biography about a Christian leader or missionary. Write an encouraging letter to a missionary, and commit to pray for that person throughout the summer.
3. Attend Vacation Bible School at a local church. It's a great way to make new friends, and grow in God's Word.
4. Attend a church youth camp.
5. Dive in to Bible study. I like the "Discover 4 Yourself" series by Precept Ministries. These books help kids learn God's truths in a fun way! A variety of topics are available, and you can order from Amazon. The series is suitable for 8 - 12 year-olds.
May the Lord bless you with wisdom and creative ideas as you plan summer activities for your children!
Loving Father God, thank you for the bounty and blessings of summer. As we begin this summer season, bless parents with wisdom to choose safe, healthy, and godly activities for their children. Protect our children from disease, injury, and harm. Give teen drivers wisdom and good judgment, and protect them from distractions. Bless our children with rest and renewed spirits. May your word be a lamp to their feet and a light for their path. Help them to grow in grace and in a deeper knowledge of your son, Jesus. May Bible reading, study, and memorization be given high priority. Help them to retain important and true concepts. Bring our families closer to you and to one another. In the precious name of Jesus, our Savior...amen.
In what summer activities do your children participate?