Friday, March 11, 2016

Before I Meet My New Grandbaby

Prayers for my grandchildren begin long before the day of their birth. As we waited for the arrival of this new grandchild, I wrote this prayer. It will be the first in the baby's prayer journal.

Lord God, thank you for this child, still in the womb. You know this babe. You know the gender, the gifts, talents, and personality of this little one. Baby Cole, my fifth grandchild, is awesomely, wonderfully made! Give this child a heart to love and know you. Direct the steps of this baby all of his or her days. May the joy of the Lord be the strength of this precious one. I pray Baby Cole will grow in grace and in the knowledge of Jesus. Amen. (written January 9, 2016).

The news came..."It's a girl!" And she's "practically perfect in every way" (as Mary Poppins would say). Her name is Mena. She's a big girl...weighing over 8 pounds and 22 inches long. Momma and baby are doing well. Daddy's proud. Her four older siblings are thrilled, and love to hold her.



The Bible tells us children are a gift from the Lord. I look forward to discovering her unique personality, interests, strengths, and talents. I commit to pray for her and point her to our Awesome Creator along the way.




No comments:

Post a Comment