Friday, January 22, 2016

The Cycle of Life

There is a time to be born, and a time to die.

Glenn Frey, a founding member of the Eagles, died this week. Hearing the news, fans called radio stations to share memories. I could not contain my tears.

Frey was the lead vocalist of the Eagles' hit song "Peaceful Easy Feeling." I have special memories attached to this rock classic. On our first date, my first husband, Michael,  played it on his guitar. It was the song I chose for our Mother-Son dance when my son married.

The day following Glenn Frey's passing,  my friend, Beth, became a first-time grandmother. There's a "New Kid in Town," and her name is Joey.

The cycle of life continues.


David wrote in Psalm 139, "...You created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of he earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be."

God already knows the plan, the purpose, the personality, the thoughts, the gifts of this little one. God has already "wired" this child. Little by little, we'll watch the unfolding of this baby girl's life as a new flower opens its petals, and we will discover what her Creator already knows.

Legacy of Prayer- A Spiritual Trust Fund for the Generations by Jennifer Kennedy Den is about praying for your descendants, even those yet unborn. I pray for our grandchildren to know the Lord, His Word, His Ways, and His Will. I have learned this: God intends for us to impact future generations. Long after passing from this life, our influence still remains. May our influence honor our Creator.

There is a time to be born, and a time to die...it's the Cycle of Life.





No comments:

Post a Comment