Thursday, August 28, 2014

Mimi & Granpa Camp 2014: Acrylics Art

As I planned for our third annual "Mimi & Grandpa Camp," I searched for interesting craft ideas for little boys. I thought our grandson would enjoy this airplane craft (and I was right!). It's from Parents.com. All you need is wooden clothes pins, wooden crafts sticks, glue, foam, acrylic paints, and brushes. My husband assembled the airplanes beforehand. He cut the stabilizer from a foam cube. By adding a magnet strip to the underside, the airplane becomes a handy fridge magnet.
 
 
 After the grandkids painted planes, Joy painted faces. This was not my idea; but, I liked it! Neither child had skin sensitivity issues caused by the acrylic paint. However, I learned after the fact, there is paint formulated to use on skin. So, I recommend face paint (rather than acrylic) if you try this at your next birthday party. The   paint easily came off hours later as the children swam.
 
Sparkles get a butterfly.

 
Buddy requested a shark.
 
I have more Mimi & Grandpa Camp ideas to share, so visit me again. Blessings to you and yours!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment