Thursday, October 24, 2013

Restoration Man

The grass was thick, green, and freshly mowed. The tree provided cool shade. Except for the blue tarp on the roof, my house looked normal. From the outside, no one knew that things inside were a mess.
 
Lightning hit our home. The attic burned. Now displaced, I stared at collapsed ceilings and insulation piled on the floor. Filthy, ruined carpet along with mildewed walls produced a nauseating odor.
 
A restoration company arrived to remove debris and pull the carpet. The company guaranteed our house would be like new.
 
My circumstances reminded me how one's life can look great on the surface, while inside, it's cluttered with rubble. The consequences of a small spark of sin brought ruin. Things collapsed, leaving wreckage and despair.
 
Has your life looked like my house? Jesus is the Restoration Man, the only One who can clean up the rubble, the debris, the trash, the ruin. He doesn't come to make new things, but to make all things new. Allow today to be your day of restoration.
 
"Lord, heal me, and I will truly be healed.
Save me, and I will truly be saved.
You are the one I praise."
Jeremiah 17:14 (NCV)
 
 
How has God restored you?

No comments:

Post a Comment