Friday, April 25, 2014

Seven Scriptures to Pray for Your Descendants

I'm part of a grandmothers prayer group. We meet once a month to pray for our grandchildren and their world. Each month we pray one Scripture for all of the grandchildren. The following is a list of seven Bible verses we've prayed.

  • "Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path." Psalm 119: 105.
  • "Blessed are they who keep his statutes and seek him with all their heart." Psalm 119: 2.
  • "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3: 5-6. 
  • "If you confess with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord,' and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." Romans 10: 9.
  • "Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity." 1 Timothy 4: 12.
  • "Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength." Deuteronomy 6: 5.
  • "May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19: 14.
 
What Scriptures do you pray for your descendants?



No comments:

Post a Comment