Thursday, June 12, 2014

Blessing Madison

Blessing others invokes God's favor and protection on them. I wrote this blessing for my niece, Madison. I desired to speak affirming words expressing my hope and prayer for her future.  I read it during her high school graduation celebration.



Congratulations on your high school graduation and all your accomplishments. As Moses blessed the tribes of Israel before they entered the Promised Land, I bless you today as you enter a new season of promise, possibility, and potential.

I bless you with wisdom that you may live a long and honorable life.

I bless you with strength and courage to stand firm in your faith without compromise.

I bless you with self-control to keep your head in every situation always remaining watchful and alert.

I bless you with speech that is gentle, encourages, and lovingly speaks the truth.

I bless you with a passion to pray powerfully, continually, and with thanksgiving.

I bless you with peace when life's storms threaten to blow you off course and overwhelm you.

I bless you with generosity that you may be an extravagant giver of love, mercy, kindness, grace, and forgiveness.

Madison, you have known God's Word from infancy. The LORD your God loves you with an everlasting love. He is faithful to His promises. He will never leave you. He is your protector, provider, refuge, salvation, and peace. He is your Great I AM. May Yahweh bless you and protect you; may Yahweh make His face shine on you and be gracious to you; may Yahweh look with favor on you and give you peace.

Now, Madison, go rock your world for Jesus!

I love you!
Aunt Lori



Who can you bless (first names only, please) and what good things do you desire for this person?









No comments:

Post a Comment