Friday, June 27, 2014

Influence

One of my summer 2014 "Bucket List" items is to complete Influence- Living and Sharing a Life of Wisdom, a Bible study by Jan Silvious and Pam Gillaspie. It's a study on mentoring. A big lesson I've learned is mentoring does not require an appointment. It can take place in an instant. As I spend time with older, wiser women, I strive to listen, observe, pay attention, and learn from them. I keep an on-going list of insights I've gained. Here are five words of wisdom I've received from Bobbye, the founder of our grandmothers prayer group:
  • Refrain from giving unwanted advice.
  • Encourage! Encourage! Encourage!
  • Pray for your descendants and their world.
  • Plant "seeds of wisdom" into the lives of others, and trust God for the results.
  • Be a good listener, and avoid trying to fix another's problems.

That's good and wise counsel. What insight has a person of influence shared with you?

No comments:

Post a Comment