Friday, March 6, 2015

Waiting for the Daffodils

Daffodils bloom as the new spring awakens from its slumber. Anticipating my first daffodils sighting, I'm reminded God is faithful. As the cycle of seasons turns, I know the LORD will cause the seed to die, and He will call forth new life. 

A daffodil symbolizes regard for someone. God is faithful, and every year, because of His regard for me, He provides these yellow blooms. I can count on it. Deuteronomy 7: 9 says, "Know therefore that the LORD your God is God; he is the faithful God, keeping his covenant  of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commands."

Daffodils also symbolize rebirth and new beginnings. Thirty years ago, my life changed forever when my first husband, Michael, passed into eternal life. On that day, the daffodils in my mother-in-law's garden were a gentle reminder of a my new beginning. At age 26, I woke up a widow. Against the dark canvas of death, those sun-shiny blossoms painted the promise that all things would be made new. 

Daffodils are God's sweet gift that bring delight to my soul.  I'm grateful. In these thirty years, I've lived a good life. My husband, Dale, and I will soon celebrate our twenty-seven year marriage.  Together, we raised a son who has grown to be a loving husband and father. We blessed to have a daughter-in-law who is a fabulous wife and mother.  Our four grandchildren bring us joy. 

I commemorate this anniversary appreciating the goodness and faithfulness of my God. And I will remember those who suffer loss and grief. May you sense the LORD'S compassion today.

Father God, you are good, faithful, and loving. Thank you for your gifts, and for always being with me. You have been my protector, my provider, and my peace. Remember, LORD, those who suffer loss, grief, and despair. Hear their cries, and sustain them. Comfort those who mourn with your unfailing love, and fill them with your peace. Restore hope and joy. In the name of Jesus, your Son, amen.


What reminds you of God's faithfulness?

No comments:

Post a Comment