Friday, January 17, 2014

Holiday Letter (2014)

I enjoy receiving holiday letters from loved ones I don't see or hear from often. I like to send them, as well. One of my reasons for writing an annual holiday letter is to have a brief yearly summary for myself. It's a snapshot of my life.

Because we were expecting a grandchild in December, and I wanted to include information about the birth, I sent a "Happy New Year" letter and photo card. This is my 2014 Holiday Letter:

Aloha, and Happy New Year!

We had a lot to celebrate in 2013- our 25th anniversary, milestone birthdays, and a new grandson!

Mr. C and I renewed our wedding vows in Oahu, Hawaii. We were blessed to have our son, daughter-in-law, and the grandkids with us. It was a dream come true! We visited Pearl Harbor, hiked to a waterfall, swam, snorkeled, and played on beautiful sandy beaches.

We hosted friends and family for Mr. C's 50th birthday BBQ and pool party. I turned old enough to qualify for senior citizen discounts, so I guess aging has its benefits!

In December, we welcomed our fourth grandchild into the world! Mickey (my nickname for him) weighed 8 lbs. 5 oz. and was 22 inches long. He looks like my son and his older brother as babies.



Mr. C  and I danced our way through 2013. We continue two-step and waltz lessons. I also make it a priority to attend the dances at my mom's retirement community. My regular dance partner is Mr. Dan. He's 90, served as a gunner's mate in WW2, and was married to his wife for 60 years. I'm honored to know him.

You are special to us. We wish you good health, success, and joy today and throughout the year. May God bless you with His Presence, His Protection, His Provision, and His Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment