Friday, January 24, 2014

You are a Memory

My three-year-old brother was chattering incessantly when a family member interrupted and said, "If you don't stop talking, I'm going to cut your tongue out." Her words were sarcastic, but taken seriously, and he halted his conversation. Her words inflicted damage, and she forever became a bad memory.
 
I attended the  SSMT Celebration for completing Scripture memory work in 2013. Beth Moore taught about the gift of memory. Remembering God's Word builds our faith. She concluded by encouraging us to put good into people's memories. 
 
Many of the Bible verses I memorizes had to do with "words." Here are a few:
 
"Reckless words pierce like a sword, but the tongue of the wise brings healing." Proverbs 12:18 (NIV).
 
"Gracious words are like a honeycomb, sweetness to the soul and health to the body." Proverbs 16:24 (ESV).
 
"Lord, help me control my tongue; help me be careful about what I say." Psalm 141: 3 (NCV).
 
What kind of memory are you? May we remember to speak wise, loving, good, and encouraging words to others.
 
LORD God, help us to be careful with our words. Remind  us to encourage and build others up. May we lovingly speak words that are good, kind, and true. Amen.
 
 
Who in your life is a good memory? Describe them in 3 words.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment