Tuesday, September 17, 2013

ABC Bible Verses

This list of ABC Bible verses is my inspiration for the Scripture memory albums I make with my grandchildren. Each page includes the verse, a photo to illustrate the verse, and an alphabet letter sticker (purchased from a craft store).  I also help and encourage them to learn each verse. When completed, each child has a keepsake of Bible verses they've stored in their hearts.


A - "All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." Romans 3: 23

B - "But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5: 8

C - "Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right." Ephesians 6: 1

D - "Do to others as you would have them do to you." Luke 6: 31

E - "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights..." James 1: 17.

F - "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3: 16

G - "Give thank to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever." Psalm 107: 1

H - "Honor your father and your mother." Exodus 20: 12

I - "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4: 13

J -  "Jesus said, 'I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6

K - "Keep your tongue from evil and your lips from speaking lies." Psalm 34: 14

L - "Let the children come to me..." Matthew 19: 14

M - "My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth." Psalm 121: 2

N - "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." Hebrews 13: 5

O - "Open my eyes that I may see wonderful things in your law." Psalm 119: 18

P - "Pray without ceasing." 1 Thessalonians 5: 17

Q - "Quench not the Spirit." 1 Thessalonians 5: 19

R - "Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!" Philippians 4: 4

S - "Seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well." Matthew 6: 33

T - "Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding." Proverbs 3: 5

U - "Unless the LORD builds the house, its builders labor in vain." Psalm 127:1

V - "Verily, verily, I say to you, he who believes in me has everlasting life," said Jesus. John 6:47

W - "When I am afraid, I will trust in you." Psalm 56: 3



X - "Xerxes reigned from his royal throne in the citadel of Susa." Esther 1 : 2

Y - "Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path." Psalm 119: 105

Z - "Zion heard, and was glad." Psalm 97: 8


If you choose to take on this beneficial project, have fun and let me know how it goes! I welcome your feedback.



No comments:

Post a Comment